08 Sep 2011 – Accenture – Techno India, Salt Lake – Placement Paper – General – other Add Placement Paper
Accenture visited Techno India campus on the first week of September. It was a pooled campus drive for all the Techno India colleges & I, being from one of them (Asansol Engg College), participated.
The criteria was 60% throughout (for Accenture 60% means 6.0 gpa). However, from each college top 100 of those who had 75% throughout went for direct interview which was 1 round only, unlike the 'non-direct' ones (including me) who had to clear 3 rounds- Aptitude, Tech & HR.
Questions = 55 ; time limit = 60 minutes…along with that an essay to write in the same sheet in another 10 minutes. No sectional cut off , no negative marking. Offline (paper & pen) test
Directions for Questions 1-3 : Choose the option which will correctly fill the blank.
1) I am writing to enquire _________the possibility of hiring a conference room at the hotel on the 2nd of September.
2) _________ having her lunch, she stood ______ the tree and waited _______ him.
A) With, below, for
B) After, under, for
C) Inside, further, to
D) About, across, into
3) The microscopic animals are the primary food for larval cod and their decline has meant that fewer fish are making it to adulthood to be caught_________ trawler men.
Directions for Questions 4-6 : Choose the word nearest in meaning to the word in ITALICS from the given options.
4) Reading of poetry is not congenial to his taste
5)He was waned at the outset of his career
6)Apervading sense of ennui grips Gaurav
Directions for Questions 7-10: Choose the answer option which will correctly fill the blank.
7)It is the grasping of power-combined ______ the thirst______ fame, which constitutes ambition.
A) with, for
B) An, the
D) No article required
8) ________ Reserve Bank of India directed banks to closely watch _______spending through International Debit Cards.
B) The, the
C) The, a
D) in, the
Ans : B
9) The officer received _____ official letter from _____ Ministry of IT in _____ Central Government.
A) A, the, an
B) An, the, the
C) A, an, the
D) An, an, the
10) You CANNOT send out ______uneducated man into ______ world of technology and expect him
A) An, an
B) A, an
C ) An, the
D) The, an
Directions for Questions 11-15: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
The existence of mammals on the earth can be traced back to at least the Triassic time. The rate of development was retarded, till evolutional change suddenly accelerated in the oldest Paleocene. This resulted in an increase in average size, larger mental capacity, and special adaptations for different modes of life, during the Eocene time. Further improvement was seen during the Oligocene Epoch, with the appearance of some new lines and extinction of others. The Miocene and Pliocene times are especially significant as they mark the culmination of various groups and a continued approach toward modern characters. It is in the Miocene time that the mammals reached their peak with reference to variety and size.
The ability of the mammals to adapt to various modes of life finds a parallel in the reptiles of the Mesozoic time, and apart form their greater intelligence, the mammals apparently have not done much better than the corresponding reptilian forms. Undoubtedly the bat is a better flying animal than the pterosaur, but at the same time the dolphin and whale are hardly more fish like than the ichthyosaur. Quite a few of the swift-running mammals inhabiting the plains, like the horse and the antelope, must excel any of the dinosaurs. Although the tyrannosaur was a more weighty and robust carnivore than perhaps any carnivorous mammal, the lion and the tiger, by virtue of their superior brain are far more efficient and dangerous beasts of prey. It is significant to note that various species of mammals gradually adapted themselves to various kinds of lifestyles, some took to grazing on the plains and were able to run swiftly (horse, deer, bison), others started living in rivers and swamps (hippopotamus, beaver), inhabiting trees (sloth, monkey), burrowing underground (rodent, mole), feeding on flesh (tiger, wolf), swimming in the water (dolphin, whale, seal), and flying in the air (bat). Human beings on account of their superior brain have been able to harness mechanical methods to conquer the physical world and adapt to any set of conditions.
Such adaptation to different conditions leads to a gradual change in form and structure. This is a biological characteristic of the youthful, plastic stage of a group. It is seen that early in its evolutional cycle animals possess the capacity for change, but as the animal progresses in its cycle becoming old and fixed, this capacity for change disappears. The generalized types of organisms retain longest the ability to make adjustments when required, and it is from them that new, fecund stocks take origin-certainly not from any specialized end products. With reference to mammals, we see their birth, plastic spread in many directions, increased specialization, and in some cases, extinction; this is a characteristic of the evolution of life, which can be seen in the geologic record of life.
11. From the following, choose the most appropriate title for the above passage?
- From Dinosaur to Man Adaptation and Extinction The Superior Mammals The Geologic Life Span Man, the Vanquisher of the Physical World.
Answer : B
12. According to the passage the chronological order of the geologic periods is:
- Paleocene, Miocene, Triassic, Mesozoic Paleocene, Triassic, Mesozoic, Miocene Miocene, Paleocene, Triassic, Mesozoic Mesozoic, Oligocene, Paleocene, Miocene Mesozoic, Paleocene, Eocene, Miocene
Answer : E
13. From the above passage, we can infer that, the pterosaur
- resembled the bat was a Mesozoic mammal was a flying reptile inhabited the seas evolved during the Miocene period
Answer : C
14. As inferred from the passage, the largest number of mammals were found in which of the following
- Triassic period Eocene period Oligocene epoch Pliocene period Miocene period
Answer : E
15. Among the following statements, which statement, if true, would weaken the argument put forth in the
first sentence of Paragraph 1?
- It has been found that the tryannosaur had a larger brain, than was previously known. Within the next thousand years, mammals will become extinct. Recently certain forms of flying ichthyosaurs have been discovered. It has now been proved, that the tiger is more powerful than the carnivorous reptiles. It is now possible to double human mental capacity, by the use of certain recently developed computers.
Answer : A
Directions for Questions 16-20: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
But man is not destined to vanish. He can be killed, but he cannot be destroyed, because his soul is deathless and his spirit is irrepressible. Therefore, though the situation seems dark in the context of the confrontation between the superpowers, the silver lining is provided by amazing phenomenon that the very nations which have spent incalculable resources and energy for the production of deadly weapons are desperately trying to find out how they might never be used. They threaten each other, intimidate each other and go to the brink, but before the total hour arrives they withdraw from the brink.
16) The main point from the author's view is that
Man's soul and spirit can not be destroyed by superpowers.
Man's destiny is not fully clear or visible.
Man's soul and spirit are immortal.
Man's safety is assured by the delicate balance of power in terms of nuclear weapons.
Human society will survive despite the serious threat of total annihilation.
Ans : E
17) The phrase 'Go to the brink' in the passage means
Retreating from extreme danger.
Declare war on each other.
Advancing to the stage of war but not engaging in it.
Negotiate for peace.
Ans : C
18) In the author's opinion
Huge stockpiles of destructive weapons have so far saved mankind from a catastrophe.
Superpowers have at last realized the need for abandoning the production of lethal weapons.
Mankind is heading towards complete destruction.
Nations in possession of huge stockpiles of lethal weapons are trying hard to avoid actual conflict.
There is a Silver lining over the production of deadly weapons.
Ans : D
19) 'Irrepressible' in the second line means
Ans : D
20) A suitable title for the above passage is
Destruction of mankind is in evitable.
Man's desire to survive inhibits use of deadly weapons.
Mounting cost of modern weapons.
Threats and intimidation between super powers.
Cowardly retreat by man
Ans : B
Section 2 -Analytical Ability
No. of Questions: 20
Duration in Minutes: 20
21) A man said to a lady, "Your mother's husband's sister is my aunt". How is the lady related to the man?
B) Grand daughter
22) In a row of 60, if Ram is standing at 17th from the first, what is his position from the last?
23 A man is facing northwest. He turns 90 degrees in the clockwise direction and then 135degrees in the
anti-clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
Directions for Questions 24-26: Two statements are followed by 2 possible inferences. You have to point out which of the following answer choices applies to each of the following questions :
- Only inference I is followed. Only inference II is followed. Both inference I & II are followed. Neither inference I nor II followed.
24. All horses are donkeys. All donkeys are monkeys.
- < >All horses are monkeys.All monkeys are horses
25. No rice is food, No food is bread.
- No bread is rice No rice is bread
26. All papers are books, Some papers are files.
- Some files are books Some books are files
Directions for Questions 27-30:Each row of letters or numbers has a rule connecting them. Write the next number or letter
in the brackets.
27. K , A , J , B , I , C , H , (_ _ _) Ans: D
28. N , O , M , P , L , Q , K , R , (_ _ _) Ans:J
29. 124 , 62 , 60 , 30 , 28 , 14 , (_ _ _)Ans: 12
30. 1 , 4 , 9 , 16 , 25 , 36 , (_ _ _)Ans: 49
31) A box contains 90 mts each of 100 gms and 100 bolts each of 150 gms. If the entire box weighs 35.5 kg., then the
weight of the empty box is :
- 10 kg 10.5 kg 11 kg 11.5 kg None of the above
Ans : D
32) In a group of 8 semifinalists, all but 2 will advance to the final round. If in the final round only the top 3 will be
awarded medals, then how many groups of medal winners are possible?
33) The product of two positive numbers is p. If each of the numbers is increased by 2, the new product is how much
greater than twice the sum of the two original numbers?
34) A father is three times as old as his son. After fifteen years the father will be twice as old as his son's age at that time. Hence the father's present age is
- 36 42 45 48 None of the above
Ans : C
35) If .2t = 2.2 – .6s and .5s = .2t + 1.1, then s =
- 1 3 10 11 30
Ans : B
36) At 10 a.m. two trains started traveling toward each other from stations 287 miles apart. They
passed each other at 1:30 p.m. the same day. If the average speed of the faster train exceeded the
average speed of the slower train by 6 miles per hour, which of the following represents the speed of
the faster train, in miles per hour?
- 38 40 44 48 50
- on Thursday, Friday and Saturday was 240. If the temperature on Saturday was 270, what was the temperature on Wednesday?
- 240 210 270 300
Ans : D
- What will Rs.1500 amount to in three years if it is invested in 20% p.a. compound interest, interest being compounded annually?
- 2400 2592 2678 2540
Ans : B
- If the diagonal and the area of a rectangle are 25 m and 168 m2, what is the length of the rectangle?
- 17 m 31 m 12 m 24 m
Ans : D
- The proportion of milk and water in 3 samples is 2:1, 3:2 and 5:3. A mixture comprising of equal quantities of all 3 samples is made. The proportion of milk and water in the mixture is
- 2:1 5:1 99:61 227:133
Ans : D
Questions 41 – 42
Successfully adjusting to one's environment leads to happiness. War at a universal level war destroys the weaker people, who are the most unable to adjust to their environment. Thus, war at the universal level puts weaklings out of their misery and allows more space for their predators to enjoy life in a better manner. As those actions have to be performed, which maximize the level of happiness of the greatest number, war at a universal level should take place.
41. What response would the author of the above discussion come up with, in the case of the objection that the
weaklings far exceed strong people?
- He would respond with the statement that the person making the objection is a weakling. He would respond by saying that weaklings will be miserable no matter what happens. He would respond with the statement that the strong would be frustrated if the weaklings are destroyed.
D. I only
E. II only
F. III only
G. I and II only
H. II and III only
Ans : E
The author's discussion would be greatly if he agreed to which of the following?
I Technology could change the environment.
II. War at the universal level would be an integral part of the environment.
III. It is possible for the strong to survive without suppressing the weak.
C. I only
D. II only
E. III only
F. I and III only
G. I, II and III only
Ans : A
Questions 43- 45
Three men (Tom, Peter and Jack) and three women (Eliza, Anne and Karen) are spending a few months at a hillside. They are to stay in a row of nine cottages, each one living in his or her own cottage. There are no others staying in the same row of houses.
- Anne, Tom and Jack do not want to stay in any cottage, which is at the end of the row. Eliza and Anne are unwilling to stay besides any occupied cottage.. Karen is next to Peter and Jack. Between Anne and Jack's cottage there is just one vacant house. None of the girls occupy adjacent cottages. The house occupied by Tom is next to an end cottage. Which of the above statements can be said to have been derived from two other statements ?
- Statement 1 Statement 2 Statement 3 Statement 5
Ans : D
How many of them occupy cottages next to a vacant cottage ?
Ans : C
Which among these statement(s) are true ?
I. Anne is between Eliza and Jack.
II. At the most four persons can have occupied cottages on either side of them. .
III. Tom stays besides Peter.
D. I only
E. II only
F. I and III only
G. II and III only
H. I, II and III
Ans : C
Three friends divided some bullets equally. After all of them shot 4 bullets the total number of bullets remaining is equal to the bullets each had after division. Find the original number divided.
Three men – Sam, Cam and Laurie – are married to Carrie, Billy and Tina, but not necessarily in the same order.
Sam’s wife and Billy’s Husband play Carrie and Tina’s husband at bridge. No wife partners her husband and Cam does not play bridge.
Who is married to Cam?
Ansr: Carrie is married to Cam.
At 6′o a clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks is 30 seconds. How long does it tick at 12′o.
Ans: 66 seconds
If you take a marker & start from a corner on a cube, what is the maximum number of edges you can trace across if you never trace across the same edge twice, never remove the marker from the cube, & never trace anywhere on the cube, except for the corners & edges?
50. If the radius of a circle is increased by 20% then the area is increased by :
- 44% 120% 144% 40% None of the above
Ans : A
51. If 3/p = 6 and 3/q = 15 then p – q = ?
- 1/3 2/5 3/10 5/6 None of the above
Ans : C
52. If x, y, and z are consecutive negative integers, and if x > y > z, which of the following must be a positive odd integer?
- xyz (x – y) (y – z) x – yz x(y + z) x + y + z
Ans : B
53. If p and q are integers, such that p<0<q, which of the following must be true?
I and II only
I and III only
I, II and III
- A certain street has 1000 buildings. A sign-maker is contracted to number the houses from 1 to 1000. How many zeroes will he need?
Ans: The sign-maker will need 192 zeroes. Re: If + means * and * means / and / means %. what is the value of 2+3*5/7?
Incoming search terms:
- techno india saltlake placement 2011 (56)
- placement record of techno india saltlake (7)
- techno india saltlake placement in ft (6)
- techno india saltlake placement (4)
- Techno india saltlake placement record (4)
- placement from techno india salt lake (3)
- placement of food tech in techno india? (2)
- placement records for food technology in techno india saltlake (2)
- techno india asansol placement records (2)
- food technology placement in techno india food technology placement (2)
- techno india saltlake placements (2)
- placement in techno india saltlake in 2011 (2)
- techno india salt lake placement record 2011 (1)
- Techno india saltlake b tech cut off placement (1)
- Techno india salt lake placement details (1)
- techno india salt lake placement (1)
- techno india saltlake campusing 2011 (1)
- techno india saltlake dress code for girls (1)
- total company visiting techno india salt lake (1)
- techno india saltlake placement and annual package (1)
Add Your Comment
We would like to create an online resource which can help candidates to prepare for not only their first job but to help when they think to switch to a new company. We want to help you to make your career decisions.
:General - other
:Techno India, Salt Lake
Neutral – OK
- Career Opportunities
- Compensation & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Leadership
- Culture & Values
other placement paper
*Selection Process in Consagous Technologies* Hello friends , I am Naina Gupta Completed BE from Indira Gandhi Engineering College, Sagar (M.P). The Consagous Technologies Limited Company recruitment process consist of
Amazon Latest Placement Paper Pattern Written Test has 2 Sections A, B In Section A there were 20 Questions: Technical Questions :15 Aptitude :5 Time Limit :30 min · Small
At first the cognizant people came to the college,gave the pre placement talk.Then started the aptitude exam. There was two part in the paper —-1st part is Verbal and 2nd
IBM SECTION#1 1.Three types of tea the a, b, c costs Rs. 95/kg,100/kg and70/kg respectively . How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of mixture